It took me a while to figure this detergent out. I am not very good with DIY – although I try- and usually end up spending more money instead of saving. No more, I say! This actually WORKS! Hooray!
I made it from a recipe I learned about in on of our members only classes, used it SEVERAL times, and sat wondering why my dishes were foggy and some were not clean at all. I did not want to admit I failed, but finally reached out for help. I don’t have hard or soft water, just regular, “good” water. So the suggestions of upping citric acid for softer water did not help me. I ended up going and buying some more detergent until i figured it out and oh my goodness— it was easy. I got out my immersion blender, blended it up really well (it had gotten clumpy) and then added cleaning white vinegar to the rinse section. My dishes came out perfectly and I couldn’t be happier!
- 1 c Baking Soda
- 1 c Borax
- 1/4 c citric acid (in the canning section of grocer)
- 25 drops EO of choice (I chose lemongrass)
- Mix together & cover your face. Add two tbsp to your washer. I use two scoops of a kids medicine cup.
- Add White vinegar to your rinse section if you need it like I did.
- Some people suggested using a rice bag to avoid clumps. That could be a helpful tip!
Kailin Godfrey from Madison, Mississippi