Every once in awhile, I mess up and add an oil in my food that does not work out. Trial and error. Trial and error. BUT this one definitely got me rock star status! It was SO good and SO easy! Perfect way to “Wow!” your guests and fill the whole house with such an enticing smell!
First, let’s get our ingredients.
- 4 cloves of garlic, either pressed or run over a microplane (I’ll explain)
- 1 1/2 teaspoon of coarse salt
- 1/2 teaspoon of ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 3 drops Young Living Rosemary essential oil
- 1 2-3 pound pork tenderloin
YES, that’s it! I promise, it’s amazing!!
So, here we go.
-Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
-Line a 9 X13 roasting pan with aluminum foil. (This makes clean up a cinch!)
-For your garlic- some use a garlic press, some buy minced, but I used a microplane. It makes it to where there are no chunks of garlic in your food. I do not ever mince garlic anymore, I microplane it!
-Lay the tenderloin in the pan, fat side down. Cook it for 30 minutes.
– After it is done, pull it out, cover the pan with foil and allow the juices to settle. This is sometimes called letting your meat rest.
-After about 10 min, go ahead and slice the tenderloin, crosswise into 1/3 inch thick slices.
I served this with garlic red skinned mashed potatoes, arranged the potatoes and the meat on a dish and poured the remaining juices from the pan on top of the dish. My whole family had seconds! This is definitely going on our monthly meal rotation! Hope you enjoy it!
Megan Harrouff from St. Louis, Missouri